Inside the Bureau
- December 24, 2013 - News ReleaseFCC releases New Data on Internet Access Services- Report
- December 24, 2013 - Public NoticeReminder of Pleading Deadlines Regarding NCTA's Application for Review
- December 23, 2013 - News ReleaseUniversal Service Joint Board Staff Releases Monitoring Report
- December 20, 2013 - OrderSilver Star Telephone Company High-Cost Loop Support Waiver Request
- December 19, 2013 - Public NoticeComment Period Extended for Revisions to FCC Form 471 Instructions
About the Bureau
The Wireline Competition Bureau works to ensure that all Americans have access to robust, affordable broadband and voice services. Its programs help ensure access to affordable communications for schools, libraries, health care providers, and rural and low-income consumers. It works to protect consumers and foster competition, especially for the services that small businesses need, and ensure a sustainable policy framework for competitors that rely on the facilities of others. It reviews communications industry transactions and conducts rulemakings and proceedings to ensure the availability of key inputs for communications providers, such as access to utility poles and rights of way. And it provides the public with accurate and comprehensive data about communications services, including broadband.